The simply. line of all natural plant-based products has been created with the intention of helping to heal and restore skin that has been damaged by our harsh environment. Pure essential oils blended with the finest ingredients will nourish and enhance your skin from the outside in. simply. ingredients include olive oil and vitamin e which are known to moisturize and deeply penetrate the skin's surface.
A sweet smelling bar coloured with an assortment of soap pieces from our other batches - a popular hand soap and fun for the kiddies! Anise oil acts as a natural deodorant and helps remove cooking smells from your hands so it's great in the kitchen, too!
Unscented. Made with rich, chocolatey cocoa butter, this bar is gentle and moisturising for all skin types. Perfect for baby and pregnant mom.
Powdered oats soothe and heal the skin and help relieve eczema, psoriasis and dry, flaky skin. Naturally harvested honey is antimicrobial and nourishing. This is a bar for those with even the most sensitive skin.
What? No razor burn?! This fantastic shaving soap has a great creamy lather, and is naturally astringent, so it helps prevent unpleasant bumps and rashes.
You'll love it! It helps with fatigue, sluggishness and mild hangovers - as well as boosting your immune system and smelling spicy fresh. Rosemary oil has many of the same properties as tea tree, but a much milder, less medicinal scent.
Delicious vanilla scented soap...need we say more?
About simply. soaps:
- They have a base of olive oil, organic coconut oil, organic palm oil - ALL FAIR TRADE
- Fair trade means that farmers are paid based on the real market value of their crop; since most of the ingredients come from developing countries, this is very important
- Fair Trade also ensures ethical labour standards - no child labour, safe working conditions, sustainably harvested to ensure future crops
- Certified organic means that no chemicals have been used to treat the crops while they are grown or during processing, and they are NOT GENETICALLY MODIFIED
- Handmilled soap (the kind we make) retains its naturally occurring glycerine content, which makes for a very moisturizing bar of soap - NOT LIKE COMMERCIAL BARS which have the glycerine removed
- Only pure essential oils go into simply. soap - NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE
- simply. allows their soaps to 'cure' for 4-6 weeks in order to ensure a hard, long-lasting bar
- simply. soap also contains sunflower oil and safflower oil to make it more moisturising
- vitamin E is used in the soaps as a natural preservative, and also because it has healing properties for the skin
- Essential oils also act as a preservative - the shelf life of our soap is about 1 year
Handmade in Canada
Size: 5oz (141 grams)
Simply Soap FAQ
Why Fair Trade?
Fair Trade brings the benefits of trade into the hands of communities that need it most. It sets new social and environmental standards for international companies and demonstrates that trade can indeed be a vehicle for sustainable development.
Today, a growing movement of workers, environmentalists, consumers and farmers worldwide is calling for a different framework for trade. We want a global trading system that promotes workers' rights, protects the environment and sustains the ability of local producers to meet community needs.
Together, as consumers, we can make a huge difference by demanding significant changes in the ways goods are produced, and vote with our dollars for a more just and environmentally sound trading system.
The use of pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers is killing our planet. Organic farmers work with nature by using techniques such as crop rotation, composting and companion planting. This eliminates the use of harmful chemicals that leech into our soil and travel thorough our waterways.
Organic farming increases biodiversity in both flora and fauna, and supports local agriculture.
In these times of environmental and global dis-ease, organic farming offers a real alternative to the genetically modified chemical soup that we have all been unwittingly exposed to over the last 50 years.
Why Essential Oils?
Essential oils have a long tradition of providing a variety of therapeutic benefits.
The use of essential oils in a cosmetic will have an antiseptic and antimicrobial action, as well as a healing and soothing effect on the skin.
Essential oils help the skin and hair detoxify, drain, heal and regenerate. Essential Oils are extracted from plants, leaves, flowers, roots, buds, twigs, rhizomes, heartwood, bark, resin, seeds and fruits.
Essential oils are a natural product made by distillation with either water or steam or by mechanical processing of citrus rinds or by dry distillation of natural materials.
How are simply. soaps made?
simply. soaps are made with a traditional cold-process method. First, the oils are weighed and hard oils are liquefied over low heat. Once the oils have reached a temperature of 100F, they are combined with a mixture of lye (sodium hydroxide) and water. It is at this point that the oils start to become soap. This process is called saponification. Once the oil mixture has begun to thicken, called "trace", the pure essential oils are added for scent, and poured into moulds.
The moulds used are handmade wooden log moulds, and are line them with reusable, biodegradable plastic. After the soap has set for 48 hours, they are removed from the mould, and are allowed to cure for another 6 weeks. This allows excess moisture to evaporate, creating a harder, longer lasting bar of soap. They are then cut and packaged. The use of Vitamin E helps to preserve these products, as does Coconut Oil, which is very high in antioxidant properties.